With low cost carrier, you can flight cheap and easy (#greed). There are though some details you’d better watch out, to avoid yourself bad surprises.
Here some things you need to know before traveling with low-cost airlines companies.
Travel Wisely !
• The name on the Board pass : if there’s a misspelling or other, you’ll have to pay additional fees for each letter to change! Be careful while you write it ! BTW: Yep, there are fees for ANY modification.
• Yes, there are indeed additional set-up fees (don’t bother to ask what there are for).
• Never be late for the check-in (the hour of the closing gates are on the board pass, it’s usually 30 minutes before).
• Yes, additional fees for the luggages ! Each company has their own limited weight. Check it out, it’s approximately 15$ for each single Kg !
• Nope, you don’t get (free) meal on board !
• Trip cancellation insurance doesn’t work if : you overslept, you mistake the day of departure/the flight/the country/you didn’t want to go anymore, etc.
• Some cities have several airports, low-cost companies always land/take off in the least convenient one.
• Remember to print the Boarding Pass: it’s mandatory for Ryan Air and it’ll save you time for the check in for Easy Jet (very useful if you have been delayed on the way!).